The Inventory Planner/Buyer is responsible for driving results by managing current businesses and identifying future opportunities to achieve sales while maintaining healthy inventory levels. This position is responsible for developing and managing top-line sales plans and bottoms-up item and inventory plans to achieve financial goals. This person must demostrate a strong work ethic, analytical approach, as well as an eagerness to dive in on all things Made by Mary.
Duties + Responsibilities
- Manage the full product life cycle in an ERP system (Fulfil.IO or Oracle experience a plus) ● Maintain inventory levels by preparing and issuing purchase orders and change notices to suppliers as needed.
- Develop merchandise financial plans for sales, inventory and profitability for DTC Ecommerce site and Wholesale channel.
- Produce and maintain an in-season forecast based on historical data and future expectation, and adjust to the needs of the business.
- Propose strategies to drive sales on key categories and items.
- Partner with the Director of Product to create the new product launch strategy (cadence and investment based on budget).
- Determine quantities for initial launch product.
- Maintain in-stock levels for 2000+ SKUs (forecasting and purchasing).
- Monitor and determine items to maximize and items to edit based on sales performance. ● Work closely with the Inventory Coordinator to ensure fluid inventory levels for production teams. ● Generate and track Purchase Orders in ERP system; Communicate with suppliers ● Effectively communicate strategy needs, changes, and/or risks with proposals for action.
Qualifications + Abilities
- 3-5 years of experience preferably in inventory management (e-commerce experience is a plus!) ● Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret meaningful trends from quantitative and qualitative data.
- Solid grasp of retail math and inventory planning concepts.
- Able to maintain and build effective relationships with cross-functional teams. ● Possess strong organizational and time management skills.
- Self-starter and proactive mentality
- Ability to thrive in ambiguity, setting clear goals for inventory performance
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel with aptitude to learn new systems quickly
- Shopify or Fulfil.io (ERP) experience preferred but not required
Our Made by Mary team works closely together and great communication skills are a must. All in all, we are eager to find someone who is a hard worker, focused, easy to be around, and who takes pride in their job.
If you meet all of the above, want to be part of a fast-growing business, and think you would be a good fit, tell us a bit about yourself and why you would be a great addition to Made by Mary.
Please attach your current resume and email email@example.com with Inventory Planner/Buyer in the subject line. We will be in touch as soon as we can!