The Assistant Merchandiser is a critical role on the Merchandising Team, working closely with the Director of Product and Director of Planning, as well as the Marketing Manager. This role owns item creation, product/sample management, maintaining inventory levels and site merchandising.
As a growing start-up, we are a small but mighty team that likes to have fun while providing our customers pieces and service they can rely on. The person for this role is one who takes ownership, is proactive and curious to learn the customer and trends. This role requires is a self-starter, one who stays organized while multi-tasking, has a passion for product and collaborates well with others.
• Own initial item set up forms
• Product listing & Collection creation + management in Shopify
• Ensure all new product launch briefs are filled out with correct item descriptions, sizing and measurements
• Manage new vendor setups; partner with Accounting to get new vendors set up in MBM system with payment terms,
RTV/QC agreements, etc.
• Monitor current item inventory → Initiate and track reorders PO
- Monitoring weekly shipments and communicating to leadership any PO delays
- Partner with Inventory Specialist to communicate in a timely manner OOS items
- Monthly reorder proposals to Director of Merch & Planning
- Monthly proposals of product to exit or markdown
• Sample management
- Strong partnership with Inventory Specialist to accurately maintain sample inventory
- Prep new samples for leadership meetings
- Organize, ticket and take images all new samples in-studio and keep organized by month launching or vendor
- Coordinate monthly cleanup RTVs for sample returns- damaged and/or rejects
• Develop an understanding of the needs, wants and expectations of the customer
• Partner with Inventory Specialist all photoshoot POs- follow thru to ensure all pieces are pulled and completed on time
• Create Monthly Newness Image Pages - including images, SKUs, retails, launch date, depth of buy
• Competitive research - new styles, pricing, etc.
- Ensure all products in appropriate collections
- Merchandise site by best sellers and customer behavior
- Understand customer navigation and CX
• Partner with Marketing Manager to execute site changes
• Experience in retail, merchandising or ecommerce preferred
• Experience in high SKU count management
• Experience in Shopify a plus
• Comfortable in Excel, or similar application
• Clear and effective written and verbal communication and strong interpersonal skills required
• Positive attitude through thick and thin, and eagerness for all things MBM
• Ability to perform in a high pressure, fast-paced working environment
• Self-starter & proactive mentality
• Consistent attention to detail
• Problem Solver
If you meet all of the above requirements and think you would be a good fit, email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Assistant Merchandiser” in the subject line.